|Posted on February 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM|
Have you planned for the BIG GAME tomorrow??? Did you know that next to Thanksgiving, the Super Bowl is the second day in the year when the most food is consumed?! Did you also know, that on average, a human consumes approximately 1200 calories snacking for the Super Bowl alone, that's an entire day worth of calories in a small period of time! So how can you score points for yourself this Super Bowl?
PLAN... NO EXCUSES!!! Whether you are attending a Super Bowl Party or putting on one yourself, here are some tips, and even some recipes to help you plan ahead.
- Today is not the day to skip your workout!
- Eat a healthy meal before the Super Bowl Party! This will help to fill you up with healthier options, but still allowing you to enjoy it all!
- Reduce or eliminate alcohol to reduce your calorie intake!
- Serve cheese, fruit, and vegetable trays.
- Serve pretzels and popcorn in place of chips.
- Use salsa and low calorie dips instead of high fat dips.
- Ordering pizza? Skip extra meat and cheese and order vegetables.
- Make meatless or extra-lean-turkey chili.
- Though it's nice for someone else to make you a plate, etc... don't, make your own. Make good choices, and don't pile it up!
- Delicious salsa
- Avocado Dip
- Fruit Salad in Seconds
- Get your chili ready ahead of time
- Delicious Turkey Burgers (remember you can make a slider version as well)
- Crispy Rice Candy
Be smart, plan ahead. Enjoy your Super Bowl, have a blast, but remember, it's not as fun the next day when you are still uncomfortable, going to workout, and regretting any of your decisions. Make it a SUPER SUPER BOWL!